1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Darwin Day

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pole_star, Feb 5, 2011.

1. <font size="2" face="Arial">It's the great man's 202nd birthday on Saturday 12th February. It's traditional to have a 'Phylum feast' where you eat a meal with foods from as many different phyla as possible. Something to do with Darwin sampling every species he examined!

I thought I'd surprise the family with something 'unusual' for dinner on the day. My seven year-old, who will normally only eat baked beans or pizza, will be particularly surprised! Apologies to vegetarians, but I'm thinking perhaps crocodile, or kangaroo, OH once sampled Armadillo in Belize, which he said was very nice, but not the sort of thing you find in your average UK butcher!

Any ideas? Preferably something reasonably sustainable</font>

2. <font size="2" face="Arial">It's the great man's 202nd birthday on Saturday 12th February. It's traditional to have a 'Phylum feast' where you eat a meal with foods from as many different phyla as possible. Something to do with Darwin sampling every species he examined!

I thought I'd surprise the family with something 'unusual' for dinner on the day. My seven year-old, who will normally only eat baked beans or pizza, will be particularly surprised! Apologies to vegetarians, but I'm thinking perhaps crocodile, or kangaroo, OH once sampled Armadillo in Belize, which he said was very nice, but not the sort of thing you find in your average UK butcher!

Any ideas? Preferably something reasonably sustainable</font>