1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dark Chocolate Orange

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lilachardy, Nov 19, 2011.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Has anyone seen DARK chocolate oranges for sale recently? If so, where, please?

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

No, they're just WRONG. The white ones are even worse.

3. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

The dark ones are still available...unless our 7-11 is selling old stock! (wouldn't be the first time!)
    I can't bear the white ones (white candy is <u>NOT</u> chocolate!)...and the horrid monstrosity of the popping candy variety!
    I will stick to a nice bar of Green and Blacks thank you...it's festive enough for me!

4. lilachardy

I can't stand any of them - oranges are wrong in every shape and form.

However, Secret Santa dictates...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Orange flavoured chocolate is anathema. They do have plain choc oranges in Sainsbury's.

6. Middlemarch

No, Nutsy, you're quite wrong to hold that opinion about orange chocolate. A classic milk chocolate orange is glorious.

7. lilachardy

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I am quite prepared to accept that some people find glory in a classic milk chocolate orange and indeed I have on several occasions encouraged the consumption of such confections. They do not appeal to my palate though.

9. Middlemarch

Oh, I know!

10. Crowbob

Crowbob Senior commenter

I agree with Middlemarch. Milk chocolate orange = yummy! Dark chocolate orange = an abomination!
    If you eat the dark chocolate variety, Baby Jesus will cry.

11. That is not true, bob. In this photo from the front page of The Bethlehem Advertiser , Melchior can clearly be seen holding a dark chocolate orange.

[​IMG]

12. Middlemarch

But what is missing is the caption 'I'm so sorry, Mary the mother of God, but Tesco had completely run out of the yummy milk chocolate ones. Shall I take him for a run in the car and see if that shuts him up?'

13. Lol...and Caspar is saying, " Mary, I have the latest Gameboy aren't I just the best Magi on the planet ? "

14. Middlemarch

No, the Lindt dark chocolate is an abomination.
    Lindt chocolate bunnies, reindeer, etc - very, very nice indeed.

15. The only thing better than a milk chocolate orange is when combined as illustrated below.

[​IMG]

16. Middlemarch

Now, you see, I can't do chocolate with wine - or any cold beverage, for that matter. I enjoy it most with a cup of tea or coffee.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The best chocolate I have ever tasted. I bought it intending to take it to friends' house but inadvertantly opened it and scoffed the lot on my own. It is utterly divine.

18. lilachardy

Just so's you all know... Sainsbury's do indeed have them at the moment.
    &pound;2.75 each, or 2 for &pound;3.
    So do I count that as &pound;2.75 for secret santa?
    Or &pound;3?
    Or &pound;1.50?
    Or &pound;5.50?!

19. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

As do Booths. Hooray for Booths :)
    As for what they count as, it depends how much more you want to spend, I suppose. And whether you ate the left over one.

20. Crowbob

Crowbob Senior commenter

This saddens me greatly. I have always respected you, seren. Unfortunately your lack of judgment with regards to chocolate has made me re-evaluate my opinion. I now don't think you should be working with children. I mean, what if you passed on your radical chocolate views to them? Unacceptable.
    Allowing those who support the BNP to be teachers is one thing, but allowing those who like vile chocolate to teach our youth is one step too far. I expect to hear of your resignation and shameful withdrawal from public life in the Daily Mail, tomorrow.