1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dare I suggest a Saturday afternoon August TES meet in London?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sabrinakat, Jul 2, 2019.

1. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

will @EmanuelShadrack mind? will anybody come? Am I already bored at home * (no, am exam marking)?

thoughts?

upload_2019-7-2_13-59-14.jpeg

*we finished Saturday (independent school).....

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Depends on the date but theoretically I'm in... could even drag MrsLan along [haha!]

3. sabrinakat

I'm thinking either Saturday, 17th or 24th as I am back to work on Friday, 30th August (independent school - inset day) so Saturday, 31st might be tricky.....

4. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Sarnds proper cushty goin' darn the ol' frog an' toad to the smoke for a proper geezers booze up. Will there be jellied eels an' fine coozine fer a knees up, in the rub a' dub?

Lala24 likes this.
  5. sabrinakat

yees, der willl....

6. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

I don't mind at all. After all, the London meets don't "belong" to me as such. I was thinking of suggesting an early summer and late summer meet, so you've pipped me to the post. I wasn't thinking specifically of a Saturday, but that's no reason to rule it out.
    The 24th would be over the bank holiday weekend, which I imagine most people would want to avoid. I could be wrong though.

I'd be up for the 17th. The 10th would also be OK.

7. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I think the reasoning behind weekday meets was that people might have partners who worked in the week and weekends were family time.

bombaysapphire and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  8. sabrinakat

I didn't realise that the August bank holiday was the weekend of the 24th, but either the 10th or 17th are okay with me.

I would need childcare or have to bring the kitten along if it were during the week in August. Sadly, no time available until late July due to exam marking (speaking of which, I'd better continue marking some A -levels), retaking my theory test (it expired) and writing up an assignment for a Cambridge course....

9. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

If I'm not away I can come any time. I'll look at when I'm away (but think it probably is over the 10th and 17th). I'll check.

10. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I am gallivanting around foreign on the 10th and 17th so can't come then.

11. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

In theory I could make it, but would prefer a weekday.

12. sabrinakat

Well, @EmanuelShadrack could do a weekday one and I could do a Saturday one?

August weekdays are pretty bad for me, unless I come after 6 pm....

13. sabrinakat

So? 17th August from 1 pm, probably O'Neill's Kings Cross????

monicabilongame likes this.
  14. EmanuelShadrack

Sounds good to me.

sabrinakat likes this.
  15. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

I don't think I can make it now - the 17th is my daughter's birthday weekend and think she is arranging something, but it's not set in stone.

16. EmanuelShadrack

Oh dear. That's put quite a dent in the attendance numbers...

Edit: Oops - wrong thread :oops:

17. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I can theoretically do any/all Saturdays and weekdays over the summer, except for August 3rd (slightly early birthday thing) and August 13th (study day for a course!). I can bring the Baby Dragon, too, this time, and leave Mr Sillow with friends or just kicking his heels at home. I don't even mind if it's twice! It was nice to meet people last time and I don't have many friends where I live (yet, I hope. We moved not long ago, so hoping that will change!).

sabrinakat and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Back end of aug you can have one in Leeds.

19. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

It was lovely to meet you too Sillow! :)

Sillow likes this.
  20. EmanuelShadrack

How about we do the 10th then? No-one thus far (as far as I can see) has said they can do the 17th, but not the 10th.

BertieBassett2 and ilovesooty like this.