1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dare I say it?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Professor Dumbledore, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Professor Dumbledore

Professor Dumbledore New commenter

Today seems almost Spring-like! Amazing what the weather can do to your mood. I've got the patio doors wide open to let in the lovely fresh air. Just been to Aldi to spend my last £3 (sigh!) and they had in their seeds/plants/gardening range in. I just wanted to stock up. I am going to spend a bit of time today planning out what I'm going to grow in my wonderful garden. I love Spring!
    *Disclaimer* - If on pressing "Post" the weather suddenly reverts to gale-force winds and sleet, I did NOT jinx things!

2. Professor Dumbledore

Today seems almost Spring-like! Amazing what the weather can do to your mood. I've got the patio doors wide open to let in the lovely fresh air. Just been to Aldi to spend my last £3 (sigh!) and they had in their seeds/plants/gardening range in. I just wanted to stock up. I am going to spend a bit of time today planning out what I'm going to grow in my wonderful garden. I love Spring!
    *Disclaimer* - If on pressing "Post" the weather suddenly reverts to gale-force winds and sleet, I did NOT jinx things!

3. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

Nah - don't worry! I've aready set the jinx! I emailed a friend earlier commenting as you have (noticing how mild it is outside and how the sky was growing bluer by the second) and now it's all cloudy again here. [​IMG]
    I'm going to force myself out for a run though, given that yesterday's incessant drizzle has finally departed.

4. Still miserable and gloomy here.
    I am one of those bizarre people that likes winter (I love being cosey and snuggling up in bed, I love listening to the rain, and I hate being too warm) but even I am now fed up of it - it seems to have been the longest winter ever.

5. Professor Dumbledore

I'm like this too. That's why this weather is perfect for me - still nice and cool but a lovely blue sky! Yes it's been a crappily long Winter.

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Grey/white sky here, but yesterday was horrible, thick white fog all along the coast!

7. I have the doors and windows wide open and am determined to spring clean the utility room and hallway.
    A deep, deep clean is required and who knew how much cr.ud you could get in such a small space??
    I'm having a cup of tea whilst the mildew stuff does its work! The floor has been washed once and I have found the linseed cleaner for later.
    Sadly this seems to be the only nice day we will get this week, though Saturday might be OK for a quick greenhouse clear out!

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Lovely here too. We've got the doors open to the garden and it feels so spring-like! Gorgeous day [​IMG]

9. It's lovely here too. The heat (relatively speaking!) has prompted the first few leaves on my Lilac tree to release themselves and our miniature plum tree is showing signs of bursting into bloom. I love spring[​IMG]

10. We've got buds... buds I tell ya! All over the place.
    One patch of yellow crocuses is out and suddenly there are green stems all over the place!
    It IS SPRING!

11. It is snowing here.

12. matryoshkadoll

matryoshkadoll Occasional commenter

Nice enough weather here, but I'm down to my last tenner, the water has been cut off due to a big road dig up, virtually no petrol and two kids who if you did take them out with your existing cash would find some way to spend it for you. Thought I might have a bath and relax - but no water... Looks like I could do some marking instead.... Oh... Bliss!

13. hmmm, yes.
    I don't live in the tropics of the UK.
    I am not enthused.

14. I love winter too impulce...and gloomy, rainy days. I feel then it's OK to stay indoors all cosy and warm as I watch it lashing down - or looking frosty and cold - outside. It's sort of comforting I find....it's permission to hibernate. [​IMG] I like walking in the rain and the cold if I am well wrapped up and if I am away from home, deserted beaches on wintery blowy days are good for the soul! Love it!
    However, it is a glorious day here and I noticed the crocusses have pushed their way up through the front lawn. I went for a walk earlier and it was spring-like...and the sky was blue. It felt good.

15. invincible

invincible New commenter

Well, woke up to a little snow on the ground this morning but it's all gone now. Washed away by the drizzle.

16. Yep, gone here too. On the ground. Roofs still white.
    Dreary and yucky now.

17. It is gorgeous here today. Made such a difference going out without a coat on and enjoying the warm sunshine compared to Monday when it was SO cold!

18. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

It has been a lovely day for house-hunting. I have walked for miles. The dogs need walking now. I'm going to have to drive them somewhere so I can just stand and let them run round me!

19. It's lovely here! Me and my sister have just been for a walk and we didn't need coats, hats, gloves, scarfs, snow boots, etc! It was gorgeous!! We even sat on a bench for a while and basked in the sunshine!! :) xxx