1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dancing Queen

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Mangleworzle, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

2. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

strange choice :confused:

3. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I do wish they wouldn't. :(

nomad likes this.
  4. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

I think she was very clever here. Who's talking about the content of her speech? Noone. Very effective distraction technique.

But I'd like to see it remastered with the birdie song as background music. Or maybe the Benny Hill theme. Or Rhubarb and Custard.

Mangleworzle likes this.
  5. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

do you think it was her decision?

6. sparkleghirl

Ok. I think someone else was very clever here.
    The rest still holds.

Someone who likes her, I think. Else they might have picked Fields of barley.

7. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Even I can dance better than that, and I dance like a sack of spanners.

[Wonders if she took lessons]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  8. sparkleghirl

She didn't look in the least bit embarrassed. Some of those in the crowd at least had the decency to look uncomfortable and seeing such a spectacle.

9. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Well done this sit virtually the fisrt comment upon the consevative conference on this forum.
    I did wonder why and thought the antis would have been out in force. :p

10. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

Oh, she was l o v e l y!!! Never mind whether her politics are different to mine and never mind whether I think we could be going the wrong way with some of the things she's suggesting - - - she must have been so upset when Boris did such a terrible thing yesterday. To bounce back onto the stage with a little wiggle - - - Good For Her. I'd have done the same. I love the music 'The Dancing Queen.' Why shouldn't she have a little fun in her life? We all need that sometimes to help us get through difficult times - well, don't we? I wouldn't want to do her job and I'm sure most people wouldn't either - - - well, perhaps one stupid-looking man with blonde hair that sticks out all over the place might.

hamcguin and smoothnewt like this.
  11. sparkleghirl

He's just the decoy. It's the quiet ones you need to watch.

12. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

My mum always said you need to watch the quiet men.....pity i didnt the quiet women who at various time tried to assisinate my character in teaching. I remember them well.
    Boris is clever but not really clever enough to lead.
    The one who impreessed me was the shakesperean speech given before May appeared. Now his voice I could listen to as leader. I was waiting for him to give forth in the speech of St Crispens day.
    Considering all the tripe thats been poured scornfully on her May is still the man for the job...at least Conservatives allow their leaders to be women.Some of the rest of the men are wannabes and looking for the chance to bring Brutus;s friends to the party. Assasination of your leader is somethig the Tories seem to revel in on occaions.

13. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I thought it showed a spark humour. She knows she can't dance but the smile seemed genuine and she was taking the mick out of her Maybot rep, the calamitous conference last year and the African dancing.

I think she thoroughly "owned" it. Hell will freeze over before I vote Conservative but I grudgingly admire her for this.

14. JosieWhitehead

You are so right!!! I can see that.

15. JosieWhitehead

It wasn't a dance - just a little 'jiggle' for fun. Oh, you know that I'm sure. We all do it from time to time don't we?

16. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

And at least dancing is not the main part of the job. :)

I liked her self-depracating opening joke, too, saying that she might need to cough after being up all night supergluing the backdrop.

nomad and InkyP like this.
  17. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I would never vote for her but she must be the least worst Tory at the moment. I dread to think who is waiting to step into her shoes.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  18. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

MrsLan wouldn't believe me... to be honest I wouldn't believe me either... but this happened.

The 21st century sucks...

19. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

That wasn't a little jiggle for fun. Teresa doesn't do 'spontaneous', certainly not for final Conference speeches. Dancing Queen? What the heck sort of song is that to come on to? This was a PR exercise written by someone - someone who really thought it was a good idea.

nomad likes this.
  20. ABCCBA123321

ABCCBA123321 Occasional commenter

Lining up the post-politics Strictly politician slot?

Mangleworzle likes this.