1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dancing on ice

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gargoyle770, Jan 8, 2012.

1. is back!
    Louie Spence is replacing Jason? Oh dear.
    Great opening number. Wonder how many celebrities I'll recognise?

2. More cheap, mindless TV. 2 hours of it - they're having a laugh.

3. You missed a bit - there's a results show as well

4. Groan....

5. I'm sure you could turn it off

6. We have turned over. Mrs h actually (even!) recognised it as the garbage that it is :)

7. For the first time ever I'm not liking the show. Too many changes! Liked to moan about the panel last year but this one has too many people that are hard to understand! Sorry Louie. There is an ex student from my school on though!

8. pink_reindeer

pink_reindeer Occasional commenter

what's the deal with Corey Feldman's random chunk of blond hair flapping all over his face??!

9. phatsals

phatsals Occasional commenter

I thought is was a piece of chewing gum dangling down. Too much fiddling around for me - 2 hrs for 3 mins dancing - I almost lost the will to live, no more for me thanks.

10. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

Definitly not liking the panel this year. Louie gets on my wick. I liked Karen as a judge bring her back.

[​IMG]

11. I Know, so do I, how weird? Even missing Holly I think, even though I thought she was decoration only. And another thing, where is the cheesey music and the clapping? They have messes with it so much I don't think I will bother with results show. Bring on Sherlock!

12. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I usually love this show! It's perfect mindless TV for a Sunday evening. ....and as I gave up on X-factor this year (last year!) I was doubly looking forward to this.
    I miss Holly. And it's not just that I miss her...I don't like Christine. I can't even give a reason. I don't like her.
    And I really don't like Louie. Stupid of me. I don't know the guy....but I know I don't like him!
    I do like Katarina. And she had some pertinent comments to make about the skating. (unlike Louie who just lisped his way through inanities!....<u>Why</u> don't I like him?!!!!)
    Some good skating/dancing from some of the couples. And a joy,as ever, to watch Jayne and Chris. (Although Jayne is my age-ish....I feel so old and fat and unfit!)
    Two hours was a tad long for the show - especially as so much was non-dancing (but it wasn't as bad as X-factor)...but this will only be for the first week or two. Once they start to lose contestants, then the show will get shorter...I think!

13. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

The best thing to do is record the programme and ff through all the inane stuff - cuts the show down by at least half if not more - couldn't bear to watch it live - life is too short!!

14. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Cut out that idiotic clapping to the title music no need at all. Give Christine Bleakley more of an intelligent show to do, the woman has a brain and should not be doing a ***** role.
    I liked the woman judge and, strangely enough, I liked Louie, but it has becoma an inane cheap show, just like a holiday camp entertainment!