1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dancing on ice a fix say fans

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Shedman, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertain...unfair-advantage/ar-BBRSv98?OCID=ansmsnnews11

My heart sank as Mrs Shedman insisted on watching the show last night. I'm all for a good bit of light entertainment but I want to see it done well. The idea of spending 2 hours watching Z list celebrities skating and dancing extremely badly fills me with despair. This series had the lowest viewing figures ever for the show but that doesn't include those who switched off after a taste of the 'entertainment' on offer. I'm surprised the ratings weren't even lower.

The reputation and standing of the show, already very low, was further dented by pitting a professional, athletic and graceful dancer against Gemma Collins and the woman who played Frenchy in the film Grease which was released in 1078 so she must have been in her sixties.

The tone was further lowered by the crude and distasteful antics of 'actor' Mark Little who had to explain that he once played the role of Joe Mangel in the ghastly Australian soap Neighbours. That role ended in 1991 so those viewers under 30 would have little idea who he was.

Having covered my eyes for the first 40 minutes or so because of the unremitting awfulness which even the smarminess of Schofield and the winsome pertness of Holly Willoughby could not raise above the level of wretched, bottom of barrel scraping ghastliness, I decided I needed some escape so went and got in the bath.

I doubt, from this opening programme, that Dancing on ice will be making a return next year and may well be pulled from the schedules before the end of the series. Good riddance to extremely bad rubbish.