1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dance: to teach GCSE, BTEC, A-level...

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by Iryna_83, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Hello. Dear Dance teachers, could you give me an advice, please? I moved to UK (West Yorkshire) 1.5 years ago. I have a degree in Dance and an overseas teaching qualification (which are, like me originally , from Ukraine), acknowledged by NARIC. I am just about to start GCSE English course and PTLLS+CTLLS course this September to become a qualified tutor. I also have 10 years of experience of teaching (last year in England). I am interested in teaching later GCSE Dance, BTEC, A-level Dance...At least, this is my dream :) I am interested in getting a FE teaching qualification, not QTS, so I did not consider GTP, PGCE etc . Since spring 2012 one can work in a school when having PTLLS/CTLLS certificate. Am I on the right way for my subject?? Another question is what does one need to do to start delivering BTEC courses and how can you offer yourself to a school ? Is it OK to send a letter/email and to enquire if they are interested in non-curriculum subjects?? Sorry, if my questions seem strange, I am just sorting out everything at once. Thank you so much for your time and advice. I will appreciate any idea which will help me to understand better where I stand. Kind regards, Iryna

2. Hello. Dear Dance teachers, could you give me an advice, please? I moved to UK (West Yorkshire) 1.5 years ago. I have a degree in Dance and an overseas teaching qualification (which are, like me originally , from Ukraine), acknowledged by NARIC. I am just about to start GCSE English course and PTLLS+CTLLS course this September to become a qualified tutor. I also have 10 years of experience of teaching (last year in England). I am interested in teaching later GCSE Dance, BTEC, A-level Dance...At least, this is my dream :) I am interested in getting a FE teaching qualification, not QTS, so I did not consider GTP, PGCE etc . Since spring 2012 one can work in a school when having PTLLS/CTLLS certificate. Am I on the right way for my subject?? Another question is what does one need to do to start delivering BTEC courses and how can you offer yourself to a school ? Is it OK to send a letter/email and to enquire if they are interested in non-curriculum subjects?? Sorry, if my questions seem strange, I am just sorting out everything at once. Thank you so much for your time and advice. I will appreciate any idea which will help me to understand better where I stand. Kind regards, Iryna