1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dance: Physical Fitness

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by danceteacher12, May 31, 2012.

1. Hi,

I have been looking at the A Level dance specification Unit One which requires students to have a sound knowledge of the various components of physical fitness - alignment, fitness, technical skills, performance skills, safe practice, balanced diet, simple treatment for injury etc. I was wondering if/how you incorporate some if not all of these components into KS3 and KS4 dance/Physical Education? I am hoping to try to incorporate these into the students' classes, prior to A level so that they have a thorough knowledge. Any tips would be great.

Thank you,

x

2. Hi,

I have been looking at the A Level dance specification Unit One which requires students to have a sound knowledge of the various components of physical fitness - alignment, fitness, technical skills, performance skills, safe practice, balanced diet, simple treatment for injury etc. I was wondering if/how you incorporate some if not all of these components into KS3 and KS4 dance/Physical Education? I am hoping to try to incorporate these into the students' classes, prior to A level so that they have a thorough knowledge. Any tips would be great.

Thank you,

x