1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dance or gym connected to plants

Discussion in 'Primary' started by marlin, Apr 10, 2011.

1. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

2. There's a website called primrose education (I think!) that does dance CD's based around themes. Just ordered one called minibeasts in the garden or something like that. Not used it yet so not sure how good they are. Hope that helps!

3. Have used theme from Lord of the Rings before to make a dance about the cycle of arable farming. Preparing the ground, sowing the seeds, rain, sun, wheat blowing in the wind, combine harvester cutting the wheat down to finish.
    The initial idea was mine but all the dance moves came from the children - e.g. the combine was four children all moving together, two at the front chopping and two being the actual vehicle, children were seeds that were planted.
    This was with a Y2 class and the results were brilliant.

4. Life cycle of a flowering plant through dance?

5. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

What fantasic ideas! You lot are faberooni, thank you xxx

6. Mmmm.. depends on what yr group it with. Maybe look at venus flytrap or 'The little shop of horrors' which is a pg movie if they are upper ks2. The boys would love it.

Alternatively take inspiration from artists who do nature painting or music about plants/nature?

7. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

I recently saw a lower KS2 class perform a dance about growing plants; they had the rain turn up first and dance round the three groups of seeds. Then the sun did its shining on each group and some little shoots started to grow. Then there was a bit more rain and a bit more sun and all the shoots in the group grew, then the first plants died. It was very simple, lovely music, and made up by the children.