1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dance for superheroes

Discussion in 'Primary' started by CB123, Jan 3, 2012.

1. CB123

CB123 New commenter

Hi
    I was just wondering if anyone had an interesting ideas for dance lessons related to superheroes. I was thinking of maybe using some James Bond music.

2. CB123

CB123 New commenter

Hi
    I was just wondering if anyone had an interesting ideas for dance lessons related to superheroes. I was thinking of maybe using some James Bond music.

3. Mission Impossible? This has worked brilliantly in the past...what year group is it for?

4. CB123

CB123 New commenter

Oh yes, didnt think of that. It is for year 3 and 4

5. Mission Impossible was done with Y4 and was very succesful with girls and boys alike. The music is good too, to get in all those chnage of speed/direction/level etc that are needed and ends itself well to working in unison,canon, pairs, small groups and independently.

6. CB123

CB123 New commenter

Yes I have been listening to the music and it does seem good. So did you get the children to move on their own and then join into groups?
    I was also hoping to try to get a small part of the dance with them all of the children doing the same

7. There's a song that Thomas Cook use in their kids clubs called 'Cartoon Heores' by Aqua - very, very irritating but easy enough and the children love it. There are some Thomas Cook videos on Youtube. And now I'm singing it on my head!!!

8. The incredibles music and the Superman theme are good too.