1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dance and Gymnastics courses

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by craigsanderson, Mar 20, 2012.

1. I am starting my pgce in september and need to gain more experience in dance and gymnastics, does anyone know where I can look to register for training courses that will benifit me?
    Thanks

2. I am starting my pgce in september and need to gain more experience in dance and gymnastics, does anyone know where I can look to register for training courses that will benifit me?
    Thanks

3. bigfatgit

bigfatgit New commenter

http://www.british-gymnastics.org/site/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=508
    http://www.bellydanceclasses.net/egypt/

Couldn't resist the second one! [​IMG]

4. I finished my PGCE last year, I taught lots and lots of Gymnastics and a little bit of Dance. In Wales there is a fantastic course run by PESS for Gymnastics and Dance. They are quite cheap, its just a case of finding the right Gym and Dance course close to you! British Gymnastics is expensive and can be tailored to high for most schools gymnastics.

My best advice is to get into a school and observe gymnastics/dance. The problem is, not many schools will be running gymnastics or dance at this time of the year. An idea might be to attend a local gymnastics club - try and veer away from the rhythmic gym and target for the club gymnastics (Springboards, Pommel horse etc).

Similar situation for dance, courses are expensive, your probably better off joining a dance class for adults (sounds daft), a piece of paper saying you've been on a course, or actual time spent learning how to dance will honestly benefit you in the long run. You might even like it. I'd concentrate of Street and Hip Hop. I have done traditional welsh dancing and Bollywood. You'll get the ideas from these lessons and be able to write down all that you did!

Good luck.