1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Daily timetable

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by 1Elmer, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Although i have searched through posts, i was wondering if people would be happy to write up their current daily timetable, e.g with timings, etc. Also, could you tell me about your weekly timetable and when you cover the areas of learning. I am struggling to get mine sorted for september. Thanks.

2. Although i have searched through posts, i was wondering if people would be happy to write up their current daily timetable, e.g with timings, etc. Also, could you tell me about your weekly timetable and when you cover the areas of learning. I am struggling to get mine sorted for september. Thanks.

3. alsoamum

alsoamum New commenter

i teach a mixed R/1 class in a small village school

our day goes somethig like this

9 - register and welcome
    9.10 - numeracy input
    9.30 - Child initiated (year 1's complete simple maths/cll task)
    10.25 - Assembly only on monday and friday - other days is review time
    10.40 - playtime and fruit
    11 - phonics input
    11.15 - group activities
    11.50 - story prayers
    12 - lunch
    1 - other whole class input
    1.20 child initiated (year 1's complete additional tasks)
    2.30 review followed by fruit
    2.50 any other short input and story, song, prayer
    3.15 home time

we also have a hall time once a week for an hour

re covering the curriculum, most of what we do is cross curricular. We have a half term topic which is a bit sketchy until we know how the children are taking it, then we have a list of ideas for actaivities for each area of learning each week along with ELG's that we intend to cover. But we plan daily and these activites change according to the children's interests, so our planning is more skills based than content based eg if we had planned to do cutting, this would be the focus, rather than what we are cutting - dpoes that make sense.

We seem to cover what we need to and the children make good progress

the classroom is set up with a creative area, reading area, computers, construction, maths, role play, writing and also outside too, the children access this during the child initaited sessions. We take a lot fo the children sinterests for plannning from our observations in child initiated.

It can seem chaotic to outsiders but it works well for us. Good luck!

4. That looks good thank you. Are your group activites that follow your phonics input related to the phonics in the first term? Do you work with a group a day because obviously i wouldnt be able to get through all my children in on day! how do you assess? and how do you do your baseline? sorry for all the questions!

5. this is my timetable- it does change slightly as the year progresses but not massively.I'e tried to elaborate on it to be a bit more helpful to you!
    8.45- chn in, NN does Welcome circle- I see parents/sort out upset chn/feed hungry ones etc!
    9.10 (ish)- Reading time- becomes GR from after Oct 1/2 term- a group a day with me, others choose book from class library, read with NN etc. After xmas, we do 2 grps GR/phonics and others have independent activities.
    9.30- CIT, indoors and outdoors
    10.30- snack time, in 2 grps with an adult each. 3 chn from each table 'review' their play.
    10.45- whole class work, phonics/PSRN/CLL
    11.00- Activity time-adults do an activity each and there are 3 independent activities chn can choose from if they aren't working with an adult. I have a list of chn to complete as does the NN.
    11.30- whole class work, phonics/PSRN/CLL
    11.50- Preparation for, and hometime/lunch
    All chn full time from week 4,

1.00- whole class work, phonics/PSRN/CLL

1.20- Activity time-adults continue with their activity and sometimes we change the 3 independent
    activities chn can choose from if they aren't working with an adult. I
    have a list of chn to complete as does the NN.
    We start CIT when appropriate, if chn are restless/have completed all tasks etc. Sometimes this is 1.30-1.45.
    2.30- Snack time
    2.40- Whole school/Class Assembly

Hope that helps. I like to work through the chn in a day- sometimes we continue the same adults activities the next day if all chn haven't completed rather than rush it and I prefer this to a group a day because that would mean I only work with each child once a week which I feel isn't enough for my intake.

6. Just out of interest, what is 'review time'? Or is it as simple as it sounds?

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

Did you review play when you were a little girl. Charlotte? What does reviewing play entail?