1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Daily or weekly plans?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by mel9285, Sep 16, 2012.

1. I am happy with my long and medium term plans but my short term is stressing me out. Do I do weekly plans for lit, maths and others? Or do I do a detailed daily plan so it's easy to see every day was the objectives are as appose to working from 3 buys of paper? The activities/objectives are going to be the same whichever way I do it but which do people think is the most user friendly? With daily plan would leave Friday blank and handwrite in activities based in that weeks interests. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. This year Im going to have everything on one plan rather than separate ones. So my adult directed will all be on the same planning sheet and my CP/enhancements will be on a separate.
    For example, I will have Phonics, Number, Creative, PSED for instance on Monday then following on whatever Im teaching on the Tuesday.
    I havent tried it yet, this week will be the trial run but a friend of mine did it this year and it seemed much easier.

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

We plan for two days at a time (on a weekly plan added to as the week progresses) because we find that way we can be more responsive to the children's needs