1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Daily maths lesson in Reception

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by ahaywar2, Mar 28, 2012.

1. We do an input everyday and do group work with children once a week. Don't follow a scheme of work but plan for gaps in children's knowledge and understanding. We have lots of resources that can be adapted for different maths work - eg: small coloured fruit for counting, sorting, adding/subtracting with. Hope this helps.

2. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

We probably do 3 taught maths sessions a week plus independent activities. I tend to do the lessons as a group - am and pm one day and am the next day.

3. doctorinthetardis

doctorinthetardis New commenter

We use a programme called Everyday Maths. I love it. Makes my job easier. BUT I do only have 14 kids and support so we do maths every day and activities either whole class/ groups/ individual every day depending on activity. Sorry to be of no more help than suggest a programme Not everybody at my school likes EDM but I think it is very good for the Early Years. Engaging and active activities.