1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Daily Mail recipe 'Courgette and orzo bake'. Help please?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Jun 5, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

In the DM there was a fab recipe last Wednesday, 1st June, for a courgette and orzo bake. I cut it out and put it safely in the kitchen, bought my ingredients and the recipe has disappeared!
    Has anyone got a copy of last Wednesday's DM and if so can they please post the recipe? I've still got the paper, but I'd cut the recipe out!
    Thanks.

2. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I don't have a copy....but have phoned Mum who is a regular and avid reader!....left a message for her, hopefully she hasn't binned her copy!

3. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Here we are:
    Ingredients:
    200g baby courgettes halved
    2 tablespn olive oil
    25g butter
    2 onions chopped
    3 garlic cloves chopped
    3 courgettes - just under 500g coarsely grated
    500g bag orzo
    small glass white wine
    1 litre vegetable stock
    85g Parmesan or veg. alternative grated
    1 slice white bread whizzed to crumbs
    1: heat oven to 240C or Gas 9, 220C for fan-heated
    Toss baby courgettes and oil in roasting tin, roast for 10 minutes until courgettes start to colour.
    2: Reduce oven to 180C or Gas4, fan oven 160.
    Heat the remaining oil and the butter in your largest frying pan. Soften the onions and garlic gently, add grated courgette and turn up heat. Cook until softened. Stir in the orzo and wine for a minute then turn off the heat and stir in the stock, most of the Parmesan and some seasoning.
    3: Transfer to a baking dish and arrange the baby courgettes on top. Bake for 15 minutes. Take out of the oven and scatter with bread crumbs and remaining Parmesan and bake for 10 more minutes. Eat immediately.

4. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

5. BelleDuJour

Oh thank you Bethannie....thank you soooooo much. And thank your Mum please.
    The recipe does look rather scrummy and I have a glut of courgettes about to appear so was going to try it out hoping it's nice enough to do throughout the courgette season [​IMG]

6. BelleDuJour

7. I love orzo and that has gone into my collection.
    many thanks