1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Daily hours on PGDE primary course at Strathclyde

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by Englishgirl8, Feb 23, 2011.

1. I will be starting a PGDE primary course in August and have an 8 year old child. I was just wandering if any one can tell me what the hours are like on this course. Start time and finish time, how many days of the week we are in uni, etc. This would help me plan for childcare. Thanks

2. I will be starting a PGDE primary course in August and have an 8 year old child. I was just wandering if any one can tell me what the hours are like on this course. Start time and finish time, how many days of the week we are in uni, etc. This would help me plan for childcare. Thanks

3. It's a full time professional course: you'll find you'll have something on most every day of the week.
    You could ask the university for a timetable for this year; that will give you some idea where you might have some wriggle room - but it really will be just wriggle room.

4. I did the course in 2006-07 and we were in pretty much 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. If we got away at 4pm that was a good day!
    I would advise you to plan for 9-5 anyway.