1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Daer theo Inclusion question on the application form help

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by woodroffejones, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Dear Theo,
    On the apllciation form the school have this question.
    We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. From your training and/or experience, please give examples which demonstrate your knowledge and commitment to safeguarding and how you would ensure these vulnerable groups remain in a safe environment. Word Limit: 200 words
    Any advice on how to answer it?
    Thanks, Owain

2. Dear Theo,
    On the apllciation form the school have this question.
    We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. From your training and/or experience, please give examples which demonstrate your knowledge and commitment to safeguarding and how you would ensure these vulnerable groups remain in a safe environment. Word Limit: 200 words
    Any advice on how to answer it?
    Thanks, Owain

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Gosh - first time I've heard of one of these!
    But no big problem.
    Firstly, you must have been trained in this. So look at your notes. Secondly, google "safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults" and you'll get thousands of policies. Choose one which is NOT where you are applying, and without actually copying it, use that to remind yourself of what points to include.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I hope your real name isn't Owain Woodroffe-Jones, as many heads and governors use this site regularly and you've just told them you're weak on this question.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

* * * * DO NOT COPY ANY PART OF THE ABOVE, anyone. * * * *
    * * * * DO NOT! * * * *
    If your Local Authority or school puts its applications through plagiarism software similar to that used by UCAS, you could find your application binned at the outset.
    http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/applying/howtoapply/personalstatement/similaritydetection
    That is why we prefer people NOT to post any part of a statement or application . . .
    You must not share things because of this risk. I will add that the risk is also to the originator of the sentences, because your application could be rejected for plagiarism although you wrote it originally.
    So you cannot use this again, I'm afraid, BadgerGirl, in any application.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

6. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

I have never used it before [​IMG] I wasn't quoting from an application I've filled in, I was saying what I would do if I was asked this.
    Theo - you work for TES, if it's that much of a problem then just get the thread pulled, surely? I really was only trying to be nice and helpful. It's not from an application letter or statement of mine as I've never been asked the question directly in an app. form.
    Sorry for obviously doing something really wrong here. [​IMG]

7. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

I have just clicked the report abuse button and asked the moderating team to please remove my post (a few sentences explaining how I'd approach the question in case it gets pulled and people think I was swearing or saying something really outlandish) - I really was just trying to be helpful; Theo, I know you are normally a very polite poster and so I'm taken aback with all the bold lettering and the capitals - I feel a bit shouted at and hurt to be honest, as I didn't post anything offensive, nasty or rude and I'm not sure I deserved the post above. A quick "thank you but don't copy the above because --" would have been sufficient. I am probably hugely over-reacting but I am annoyed, as I really don't think I deserved a big telling-off like that.