1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

D and T in the Primary classroom (Help with planning)

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by Amie1509, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I have a bit of a problem, I am planning our creative topic outline.(Victorians year 5)
    For D and T we would like the children to make hats that they can wear on school Victorian day.
    I have no idea how I can introduce this area. My only experience is making net boxes with a year 4 group.
    Any examples of starters to use in D and T or a book i could buy that you have found useful. I'm finding this bit hard:(

2. Hello,
    I have a bit of a problem, I am planning our creative topic outline.(Victorians year 5)
    For D and T we would like the children to make hats that they can wear on school Victorian day.
    I have no idea how I can introduce this area. My only experience is making net boxes with a year 4 group.
    Any examples of starters to use in D and T or a book i could buy that you have found useful. I'm finding this bit hard:(

3. SINAMAY, what i hear you cry what is that.
    Its a great way to make hats and is very easy and highly creative. I have used it with year 5 pupils up to year 10 product design pupils.
    email me at rhylhightech@yahoo.co.uk and i could dig some stuff out. Also what part of the country are you in as i now travel about a lot and could come in and see and assist if required.