1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Czech Examination

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by nickiswiss, Dec 13, 2010.

1. nickiswiss

nickiswiss New commenter

Hi
    Does anyone know if there is any examination or acceditation for Czech? I have looked at the Cambridge exam for 1st language but it is too difficult for my students - I am looking for something like a GCSE but cannot find anything. Has anyone else found anything.

Thanks
    Nicki

2. nickiswiss

nickiswiss New commenter

Hi
    Does anyone know if there is any examination or acceditation for Czech? I have looked at the Cambridge exam for 1st language but it is too difficult for my students - I am looking for something like a GCSE but cannot find anything. Has anyone else found anything.

Thanks
    Nicki

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

There isn't anything for Czech.,

4. Dodros

Dodros Established commenter

Up to and including 2005, the Australian Higher School Certificate offered Czech among its examinable subjects. The past papers are all posted online and can be accessed from the following page:
    http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/papers.html
    Not a solution to the accreditation problem, the more so as the language appears to have been discontinued as an examinable subject, but the past exam papers might be of interest to your candidate. I do not believe that any UK GCSE board has ever offered exams in Czech. Ironical, therefore, that Australia, in the Antipodes, with a fraction of the population of the UK, has deemed fit to provide accreditation in the language. I guess Australia regards bilingualism as an asset to be nurtured and invested in, while the UK tends to see bilingualism as a liability, ignoring new arrivals' mother-tongue skills and focusing only on the need to provide them with tuition in English as an additional language.

5. zrcadlo

zrcadlo New commenter

6. zrcadlo

zrcadlo New commenter

Oh Ok just seen you looked at the 'cambridge exam' which is probably the same thing. Sorry!