1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cyprus ... I have paid the deposit so only positive comments

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Villa near Latchi

So ... people who have been have we made a good decision

We like it hot but chilled

Variety of eating places ... zero interest in night clubs etc

2. No idea as I've never been, but I have friends who go frequently and love it - very hot summers apparently!

3. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

fig tree bay is/was very nice

Ayia Napa during the day is very quiet, as the night time people are sleeping it off!

4. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I don't know that area but have been to Cyprus numerous times because I have a friend there. Try to find restaurants which are frequented by the locals - they can be pricey but the food is so much better than the restaurants which cater for tourists. Make sure you have fish meze at least once. I am drooling at the thought!

5. Haven't been to that area, but LOVE cyprus, very very jealous! Found it really hot in the summer, but pleasant (and I usually don't cope well in heat - fair hair / skin etc) Enjoy!

6. thanks all

I love fish ... I absolutely love fish

So I will be fish meze at least once [​IMG]

we will have a car and expect to try smaller, local places whenever possible

7. We are going in July but have found a villa that has plenty of garden and shade as well as a lovely pool

8. ola kala!

you'll have a fab time. Cyprus is glorious [​IMG]

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I lived in Cyprus from 1977 to 1981. I remember Ayia Napa when it was just a beach and a small village. Apparently it's changed a bit!
    Cyprus was a really nice place to live back then. There's loads of great beaches and the Troodos mountains are also a good place to go it is too warm.

10. My BIL has a holiday home in Cyprus, they holiday there most years - home is Dubai.
    They love it there.