1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CYBERBULLYING

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Lauren_Emily, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Hi [​IMG]
    I'm currently studying for a Research Masters in Criminology and for my dissertation I'm focussing on Cyberbullying. I've created a short questionnaire on Cyberbullying (e.g. bullying through the use information communication technologies) in the hope that I can better understand the problem. I'm aiming to determine which online spaces (e.g. social networking sites, email, instant messenger) are the worst for the prevalance of Cyberbullying, and with this knowledge I aim to look into preventative measures that can be undertaken in regards to the online spaces themselves.
    The questionnaire will take a couple of minutes to complete and would be really valuable to my research;
    <iframe src="https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dG9IemFBLTNVcWxVZXQ2M0FMOFJ4UEE6MQ" width="760" height="6108" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>
    If you have any comments on the questionnaire or the research please feel free to let me know on here, or email me at the address I have put on the survey.
    I'd really appreciate the help [​IMG]
    Thanks and best wishes,
    Lauren

2. Thanks Thunderchild, thats really interesting, will definately look into that. I think thats really interesting not only in regards to the increasing dangers due to the difficulties in monitoring and supervising young people, but also in the way that the use of phones could be classed as a more traditional way of bullying in regards to prank phone calling etc, but how due to technology developements such as Internet access and camera phones etc. it has evolved into cyberbullying.