1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CV

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ChocolateQueen35, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Dear Theo

I am currently looking at applying to some supply agencies. Most ask for a CV however I have not wrote one in a very long time and never really needed it as schools did not ask for one. I have found a simple template for 'Experienced teaching CV' but I am still a little unsure about the format. I just wondered if you had any advice about applying to different agencies and if you had an example of a CV I could have a look at.

Thanks queen35

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo CQ, and welcome to our forum!

Weird, isn't it, when schools have to follow Statutory Guidance NOT to ask for nor accept CVs!

No, I don't have a model for you. Here is some good advice that may help you:

https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6000259

Best wishes for getting a job!

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

3. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

Hi

I told the agencies I was not going to waste my time compiling a CV as it would not help in my search for a full time perm job directly with a school as CV's are not accepted. I offered them a copy of a recent job application for a teaching job which contained all the information a CV would contain! They accepted that!!

Good luck with agencies.....many a full of hot air!!!

BB