1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CV help -Returning to teaching after 1.5 years working and traveling

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by sophmic, Oct 4, 2016.

1. sophmic

sophmic New commenter

I have just returned from traveling around Asia and living in Australia and am struggling to incorporate all the experience I have gained into my teacher CV. I worked in Australia from April 2015 - April 2016 as a tele-fundraiser, a role which I excelled in as I was able to use a lot of the skills I developed through teaching to raise money for charity. My teaching and managerial skills helped me get promotions to team leader at 2 separate fundraising companies and I would really like to show this in my CV somehow. I also did some private tutoring while I was there and during my summer back in Europe I taught English to foreign students in Malta.
    At the moment I am just looking to do supply teaching to ease myself back into full time teaching but am struggling to structure my CV. I would like to highlight how my work experience in Australia will improve my teaching skills but also make sure my CV is very education-focused, and also highlight the great experience I had teaching before I left.

Does anyone have some advice as to how I should structure my CV? Leave it completely in chronological order or separate my teaching experience from my managerial experience? Thanks

2. BYusuf

BYusuf Occasional commenter TES Careers peer advisor

Hi sophmic,

You could try summarizing your managerial and teaching experience in a skills based CV as shown in the attachment.

Attached Files:

Millsi30 likes this.
  3. BYusuf

BYusuf Occasional commenter TES Careers peer advisor

Hi again sophmic,

I seem to haveresent my response to you by accident...