1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CV Format

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by aliciaacosta, Sep 29, 2015.

1. aliciaacosta

aliciaacosta New commenter

Does anybody here tried to work or apply in Canada?
    What should be the best way to prepare my CV to get notice by a Canadian companies?

Thanks!

2. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Hi!

Is this for teaching in Canada? If so, you will need to look at visa requirements before you think of applying.

If not, you might be better off using Google to see if you can find any advice. I say this due to the fact you use the word "companies", rather than "agencies" or "schools".

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

4. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Considering the OP has not bothered to come back to explain what she wants to go to Canada for, I suggest trying to give any more advice on building a CV is a little pointless.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

6. Mr Sir

Mr Sir New commenter

Whilst I am not applying for jobs in Canada but will be applying for jobs in the UK after 12 years in international schools, I would dearly love advice on what the current CV format expectations are. Thank you in anticipation.

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Could you please start a new thread with a new question, @Mr Sir ? Use the big blue Post New Thread on the right hand side.

Thank you!

8. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

I'll just add CVs aren't generally accepted in schools...

9. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

So, @Mr Sir , start a new thread as I explained above and then I'll reply with full information and details. I shan't reply on here.