1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CV for talent pool applications

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Saratxu, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Saratxu

Saratxu New commenter

Hi,

I am an MFL PGCE student and I want to get a head start by joining a few talent pools. The problem I have is they all ask for a CV and we haven't covered how to do this in university. Now I know how to write a CV for any other job, and I have one that would be ready to go, but I assume that for teaching it needs to be different? Are there any websites/ clever people out there who could give me a few pointers??

Thanks in advance [​IMG],
    Sara

2. Saratxu

Saratxu New commenter

Hi,

I am an MFL PGCE student and I want to get a head start by joining a few talent pools. The problem I have is they all ask for a CV and we haven't covered how to do this in university. Now I know how to write a CV for any other job, and I have one that would be ready to go, but I assume that for teaching it needs to be different? Are there any websites/ clever people out there who could give me a few pointers??

Thanks in advance [​IMG],
    Sara

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

How unusual, schools rarely ask for CVs these days.
    Anyway i think a teaching CV would look similar to an 'ordinary' CV (if there is such a thing?)
    You need to have a section on your personal details, possibly a section on your teaching philosophy, why you went into training for teaching etc., a section on your teaching experience placements, what you did year groups etc and possibly a section on you, special interests etc.
    Have a look at some Local Authority application forms and convert the data they specify into a prose document CV.
    Not much help but a pointer at least.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes - try googling "Teaching CV".
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

5. Saratxu

Saratxu New commenter

Thanks everyone for the pointers!

Sara

6. From my own experience of talent pools, and those who I have known who have applied for them, joining them is a waste of time. I spent a lot of effort applying for LEA talent pools and some specific to named schools, but I heard no more about any of them.