1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CV for a teaching application - advice please?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by silaqui, Apr 22, 2012.

1. silaqui

silaqui New commenter

Hi all,

I am applying for jobs at the moment as we are looking to relocate due to my partners working situation. One of the jobs I have applied for asks for a CV as well as the covering letter and application form. It's the first teaching job I've ever applied for that has asked for this, and to be honest I'm not really sure what to put on it as all of this type of information is covered in my letter of application and the application form.

Is there anything special that should go in a teaching CV? Or should I just use it to bulk out the information on my previous teaching experience?

Thanks in advance

2. silaqui

silaqui New commenter

Hi all,

I am applying for jobs at the moment as we are looking to relocate due to my partners working situation. One of the jobs I have applied for asks for a CV as well as the covering letter and application form. It's the first teaching job I've ever applied for that has asked for this, and to be honest I'm not really sure what to put on it as all of this type of information is covered in my letter of application and the application form.

Is there anything special that should go in a teaching CV? Or should I just use it to bulk out the information on my previous teaching experience?

Thanks in advance

3. Well, I've never done one for an independent sector school only ever the one for a state catholic school, which apparently they're not supposed to ask for anyway, and I basically followed a standard CV layout. I figured they wanted the CV so they could get an idea of me at a glance.

I had my Name, address, qualifications (most recent first), my work history (recent first and split up into relevant to teaching and other) with responsibilities. Then I had a brief paragraph at the top that I headed "Profile", where I explained my bitty work history and stated that I was now looking to relocate hence my application. I didn't quite word it like that but you get the general idea.

I'm not really sure whether this was right or not. I may have got the interview despite my rubbish CV.

Good luck!