1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting Out Colouring in: Stories of Failure

Discussion in 'Geography' started by JAMIEL30, Jun 2, 2011.

1. JAMIEL30

JAMIEL30 New commenter

Hi There Fellow Geography Community. I am a Head of Geography (Secondary) undertaking some research as part of my Educational Doctorate. Since the senior inspectors report that Geography was failing in schools (2004) and the development of the Action Plan for Geography I am keen to find out what fellow Geogrpahers think of the curriculum- to share stories of success or failure and find out what the current thinking about the Geography curriculum is. Is there enough contention worthy of investigation- Is Geography really failing or is it a dynamic thriving subject- what hinders it - the teachers of today or the curriculum. Any comments, thoughts,stories would be very much appreciated. Hope Half Term is going well. Is this issue worthy of investigation
    James Haden-Walker MA CTL Geography
    emial J.Haden-Walker@sky.com
    Many thnaks to all for your time and input- Hope people can help.

2. JAMIEL30

JAMIEL30 New commenter

Hi There Fellow Geography Community. I am a Head of Geography (Secondary) undertaking some research as part of my Educational Doctorate. Since the senior inspectors report that Geography was failing in schools (2004) and the development of the Action Plan for Geography I am keen to find out what fellow Geogrpahers think of the curriculum- to share stories of success or failure and find out what the current thinking about the Geography curriculum is. Is there enough contention worthy of investigation- Is Geography really failing or is it a dynamic thriving subject- what hinders it - the teachers of today or the curriculum. Any comments, thoughts,stories would be very much appreciated. Hope Half Term is going well. Is this issue worthy of investigation
    James Haden-Walker MA CTL Geography
    emial J.Haden-Walker@sky.com
    Many thnaks to all for your time and input- Hope people can help.