1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Customised school trip

Discussion in 'School trips' started by jipmonk, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Hi

I want to organise my own school trip as I have a few contacts to view factory production etc... I was wondering if anyone has used travel agencies that offer this kind of package?

Also if I was to organise myself does anyone have a link to block book hotels or hotels that work closely with schools.

Its my first time organising and I really want to do it so its beneficial to design and technology students and subject relevant!!

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Hi jipmonk

First of all your school should have an Educational Visits Co-ordinator (EVC) who should be qualified to answer many of your questions.

If you are doing the trip DIY then just make sure you tick all the necessary boxes in your trip regulations. If you are an LEA school they will have guidance, if you are an academy then you school should have policies etc to follow. Again ask the EVC.

What sort of accommodation are you looking for?

I have used these people in the past

www.groupaccommodation.com

They sometimes have hostel type places that can sleep up to 100 as well as smaller places.

Coaches are best booked yourself. Ask your burser if he/she has any contact there as they may book coaches frequently.

pm me if you have any specific questions. I can also send you copies of the checklists we use in Birmingham for our trips as well as risk assessment templates. Although again your EVC should also have these.

blazer

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Hi jipmink.

Just spotted that you are looking at Birmingham. If you work in a Brum school your EVC should already have the checklists that I mentioned as I also work in Brum.

4. RichardPThomas_

RichardPThomas_ New commenter