1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cursive handwriting schemes/ IWB font?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by studentvera, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Hi there,

Can anyone recommend me a cursive handwriting scheme and font to use on my IWB?

Thank you in advance.

Katherine

2. Hi there,

Can anyone recommend me a cursive handwriting scheme and font to use on my IWB?

Thank you in advance.

Katherine

3. My current placement provider told me about this new concept: children in Early Years learning to write in cursive style from the word 'go'! So much has changed since my day! Do you think this new way of teaching children to write is effective, or has any benefits? I'm curious to know what people think!

4. It's our school policy that we ALL use cursive script. We teach them to join straight away too, as it's less confusing than having to come back to that later on. Personally, I don't like the script. But, the children so seem to pick it up really quickly and the majority have very neat writing by the end of Reception. We initially introduced it for the children with dyslexia and then it became a whole school thing.