1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Curriculum post

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by Coventrymiss, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Coventrymiss

Coventrymiss New commenter

I have an interview for an aht position soon. I'm very excited/nervous/pleased as this is the first time I've managed to get short listed. The position is to lead on curriculum. I've got a copy of the ofsted report and have asked for a copy of the development plan, i'm also reading through tara guidelines on statutory and non-statutory subjects. I think I'm fairly aware of current curriculum issues in secondary education and this is a real area of interest for me but I was wondering if there are any 'must read' documents for this role that I'm unaware of. Or any documents that an aspiring assistant head ought to have read.
    Thanks in advance for any pointers.

2. I presume as the role is in charge of curriculum that you will be expected to timetable? Do you understand curriculum maps? the wolf report if you haven't already read it. maybe big issues if they've invested heavily in vocational subjects over the last few years. need to have some ideas about how to manage change if that is the case. Best of luck for the interview.