1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Curriculum Knowledge - how best to improve it?!

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by coll26, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Happy New Year All!
    As a relatively new TA I am interested to know how I can gain and improved my knowledge of the nat. curriculum, targets for key stage etc.
    I am moving into KS1 and would really like to gain a bit of knowledge into what they will be covering, expected to learn and know and was wondering if there is any document or websites where it might all be condensed.
    Have been onto the new government education website but there is loads to go through!!
    Any ideas are greatly appreciated as am a bit nervous about starting in my new key stage 'cold'!!

Thanks

2. Hiya Im in Scotland so cant help much but I would say have a look at the national curriculum website and also try googling the stage you are working in. Look at the policies which should outline the targets aand ask your HT if they have any extra reading they can give you
    Diane