1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Curriculum For Excellence

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by potatoes5, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear ...

2. Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear ...

3. Spudsie!! Is it really you? How's life been treating you? How's retirement?
    I guess you're glad you're well clear of this CfE nonsense?

4. To the OP, you are quite right, there is not much else to say on that which is Curriculum for Excrement (oops, Excellence).
    [​IMG]

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

You're so lucky to be out of it. As predicted,CfE is the gift that keeps on giving. At the moment,it seems just about every week that another layer of horror is revealed!

6. Yes, it really is me. Retirement is great although I am back working at this moment in time, on behalf of her maj! Part time of course. Poacher turned gamekeeper springs to mind.

Retirement is good but it's true what I've heard said many times - you do start to get bored.
    I think CfE is probably not going to be with us within the next five years. It'll be proven not to work just like everything else our lovely executive churns out.

Certainly, in Primary Schools CfE is far easier to implement although is still a minefield, but Primaries are still having success with it.

At secondary however, given the timeframe that was given to implement CfE it has broadly turned into a disaster area. I know my replacement had great difficulty with it, and with the staff and, you're right I think I closed the office door just at the right time.