1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Curriculum changes - info needed, please help!

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Pippi Langstrumpf, Feb 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Pippi Langstrumpf

Pippi Langstrumpf New commenter

Hello All,
    I'm hoping to get back into teaching German and French from September 2016 but have had a 6 year break due to relocation to France. I've kept my hand in with teaching over here but plan to return to the UK this summer and am applying for jobs. I'm confident about my teaching ability and my subject knowledge but I've lost track completely of changes to the curriculum, exam specifications and what lies ahead. Can someone please recommend some reading material, weblinks etc so that I can start reading up in preparation for job applications and [hopefully] interviews? Have tried http://www.qca.org.uk/ but can't seem to drill down to anything useful.
    With enormous thanks in advance!

2. funambule

funambule New commenter

3. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

Check out the new GCSE specifications for each of the exam boards - for first teaching from September 2016. Quite a few schools might run three year KS3, so they are already working on this. There will also be new A levels in place for first teaching September 2016. Lots of changes at the same time. Plus the end of national curriculum levels.

4. never_expect_anything

never_expect_anything Occasional commenter

5. Pippi Langstrumpf

Pippi Langstrumpf New commenter

Thank you very much for your replies, most helpful.