1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Current UK Primary PE Curriculum

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by stopwatch, Jun 14, 2011.

1. stopwatch

stopwatch Occasional commenter

I know I should know this but I don't [​IMG]
    As mentioned before I am overseas. I want to review our current PE curriculum and assessment. I have asked my 2nd in Department to obtain a copy of the current UK Primary PE Curriculum and he has had no real success.
    Could somebody please provide me with advice or even better a direct link to somewhere I can get this.
    Thanks in advance, Stoppers (looking sheepish)

2. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

I am right in thinking there isn't one? All links go to the old one with a note saying about a new Government.
    I really hope that get rid of dance (to performing arts rather than sport).

3. stopwatch

I thought that, around 2008 a new Secondary PE Curriculum was introduced and that the Primary was to be published the year following this?
    Perhaps it never did.

4. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

There was a big review, Rose report or something, and new one was meant to be published but this was scrapped.

5. stopwatch

Do you have alinkk to the newest secondary curriculum, the one that came out aroiund 2008?

6. funkygirl

funkygirl New commenter

Hi Stop watch,

I have placed some resources if you follow this link. When the new curriculum came out core tasks were introduced with a flow chart (labelled core task flow chart). This is suppose to map out where students should be in terms of skills/assessments.

This was given to me at some network meeting. Dont know if it helps?

https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Core-task-assessment-6088399/requestAction/add/