1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Current Teaching Issues- Help needed for University interview.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bubblegumbeth, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hello,
    I am applying for universities and as part of my interviews I have been asked to discuss current teaching issues.
    Is it possible to say any current issues that affect teaching; I have thought of...
    1) Elocution lessons to be implemented into schools
    2) Teaching assistants to be used more effectively
    3) Braille and sign language and there use in teaching.
    Am I on the right lines?
    Beth [​IMG]

2. Hello,
    I am applying for universities and as part of my interviews I have been asked to discuss current teaching issues.
    Is it possible to say any current issues that affect teaching; I have thought of...
    1) Elocution lessons to be implemented into schools
    2) Teaching assistants to be used more effectively
    3) Braille and sign language and there use in teaching.
    Am I on the right lines?
    Beth [​IMG]

3. SP: their
    [​IMG]
    Surely the biggest issue is the 'standards' drive which pits teachers against each other and robs children of an enriching school experience.

4. New Ofsted criteria. Look at where the new focus lies.

5. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

I'm afraid you are not along the right lines in my opinion. The things you have chosen are minor in the grand scheme of current educational issues.
    More importantly would be things like:
    * new ofsted framework.
    * closure of many children's centres which and reduction of many services in LEAs e.g. behaviour services, EAL services etc.
    * Phonics assessment at Y1.
    * Many schools becoming academies, schools joining together.
    etc.

6. Thank you so much for your responses. I definitely feel happier with your suggestions :)
    Thank you once again with your help.
    Beth