1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Current issues in early years?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by andreal77, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Apart from the new early years foundation stage framework and nursery children having 3 years teaching time from 2010, can anyone think of any other current early years issues?

Please help I have an interview tomorrow!!

2. Apart from the new early years foundation stage framework and nursery children having 3 years teaching time from 2010, can anyone think of any other current early years issues?

Please help I have an interview tomorrow!!

3. sorry that was 3 hours teaching time!!

4. What exactly do you mean when you say Nuresry children will have 3 years of teaching from 2010 ? I have an interview and would also like to know. Am I right in thinking that the new EYFS encourages us to ask parents for their oppinions on their children's progress?

5. Sorry I did correct myself in a later thread :( It was meant to say 3 hours per day. So at the moment they have 2.5 hours but from 2010 they will be having 3 hours per session. There are implications for work load!!

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

Isn't that enough?

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

Sorry. I wish you all the best in your interview tomorrow.

8. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

linking with the community, the outdoor classroom is still a big priority....creative learning and all the other bits that you can pull out of the eyfs, enhanced learning environments, key workers etc.... every child matters, transitions between different settings.

good luck

9. Thank you so much. You are a God send. You know you know and do it just need to be told. Thanks a million.

10. Msz

Msz Established commenter

you do realise this thread is FOUR years old and things have moved on?