1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Current Interview Questions

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by airy, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Moderation and assessment.

2. I've had two interviews in the past two weeks and have another two this coming week. Both of the ones I've had asked about how I would ensure progression of individuals and about how I've helped build/implement the curriculum. The other questions were more specific to the post (ensuring continuity when a change of teacher and dealing with behaviour issues). Next week I'm being interviewed for the jobs I'm doing and the head asked me what questions were current for interviews!
    Building the curriculum tends to be a key point for at least one question.

3. halfajack

halfajack Occasional commenter

Prepare an answer on self-reflection/evaluation. I've had a fair few interviews and there's usually an appropriate question, such as 'What makes an excellent teacher' and 'how do you know you're doing a good job.'

4. The opening question both times was "Tell us a bit about yourself and why you're the ideal candidate for this job" which I think I tend to ramble on.