1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Current fashion / going-out clothes

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lilachardy, Nov 12, 2011.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Is it me, or are the shops full of really horrible clothes at the moment?

Horrible colours, horrible fabrics, horrible styles.

A black satin dress with an orange woollen skirt?
    Lime green pleated shirt?
    Black polyester trousers with an acrylic black blouse with a red ruffle at the neck?

REALLY?

I need something new to go out in this festive season, but there is nothing I'd even consider buying, as far as I can tell!

Has anybody spotted any normal clothes recently? Please share... I don't want to go to the staff do naked!

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

I've just got a couple of jumpers in burnt orange and found some fabulous fabric inAmman, lovely silky cream with brown and black leopard type spots and swirls, not sure what to make with it, although am knitting a jumper with diagonal squares with ruffles across the centre. But I want brown leggings, any ideas where?
    I haven't got any parties to go to, but do have a Palestinian embroidered dress to wear!

4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

5. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I blame Lil and Catmother for the fact that I have now ordered a dress, boots and leggings from Mandco!

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I love Mandco! Most of my clothes are from that shop.

7. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

Phase eight have a sale on their dresses and 20% of everything. some of the dresses have quite good quality material and are cut to hang well, even on curvier shapes.

8. I love Joe Browns for my long tunic style tops - they're all I wear to school with black or brown trousers- if you shop through Simply Be online they have plus sizes.

9. I think I have solved the problem - I'm not going to go out!![​IMG]

10. Blaqk_Rose

Blaqk_Rose New commenter

Try freemans.com online - I just bought two lovely dress, one black lacey one and another floral one by joe browns.... or it might have been littlewoods. Great free delivery and returns service too so you can order loads, try them all on, and send the ones you hate back via the posty.

11. This one's by Boden. The images are tiny but you can see it properly on their web-site:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

13. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Thanks all for your suggestions.
    I went shopping again today, and bought this!

14. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I'm sure that looks lovely on Lilac. Just your colour [​IMG]
    This thread has inspired me to go up and investigate my wardrobe for something for the work Christmas party. Not a lot fits because I've lost nearly 3 stone since the summer. Good job I picked up a wrap dress in the sales which pulls tighter as required!

15. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

I got a picture of a sandwich from your link!! [​IMG]
    Surely you'll need more than two triangles of bread and a lettuce leaf to make you decent for the 'do'.
    [​IMG]

16. Don't give up that easily!

The best pieces in my wardrobe are actually from the charity shops. You get some great stuff there, especially if you look in an area where the 'better off' life. I got clothes from really expensive brands with the labels still on for next to nothing.

And as some or most of the clothes there are 'last season' (or last decade/millennium) you do not have to worry too much about the present state of fashion.

Zeitgeister