1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Current educational issues

Discussion in 'Primary' started by clarebear84, Mar 20, 2011.

1. I have an interview for a primary pgce in a couple of weeks, and I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas as to what the big issues are currently in primary education? I want to be well prepared and research a couple! :)

2. I suggest you start by reading some articles in the newspapers, on education sites etc.

3. Hi pinkflipflop,
    Thanks for your message. I have been reading TES and have a few ideas, but just wondered if there is any particular issue that is more important at the moment?! :)

4. I think PFF has it right here.
    You're not aiming to impress them by picking the "right" issue, you're aiming to impress them by showing awareness of issues at all, and that you have a reasonable depth of knowledge in the one(s) that particularly concern/interest you.
    In my interview, I plumped for faith schools, but you may not give a toss about that. In which case, following my lead would be a terrible idea =P

5. I had primary pgce interview a few weeks ago and I mentioned Rose review, shake-up of EYFS and everything being on hold because of new gov.Must have been ok, I got a place! [​IMG]

6. essentiallyprincess

essentiallyprincess New commenter

The Rose review was chucked out in May. The new curriculum is going through. November last year the Oates report was published http://www.education.gov.uk/inthenews/inthenews/a0068191/could-do-better-analysis-of-international-curriculums-published . This is the new white paper that is going through - I have to confess I haven't read the entire thing yet myself. http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/schoolswhitepaper/b0068570/the-importance-of-teaching/