1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Current educational issues

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by anon429, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Hello I was just wondering if anyone could give me pointers for Secondary current educational issues most of the posts seem to be based towards Primary. I was thinking of talking about PGCE vs GTP and the Goverments proposal to move teacher training into schools. Or am I on the wrong lines? Any ideas on what I should be looking at I would really appreciate.

Thanks

2. Hello I was just wondering if anyone could give me pointers for Secondary current educational issues most of the posts seem to be based towards Primary. I was thinking of talking about PGCE vs GTP and the Goverments proposal to move teacher training into schools. Or am I on the wrong lines? Any ideas on what I should be looking at I would really appreciate.

Thanks

3. I'm not sure what information you've been provided with by your uni, but at my interview for secondary science we talked about getting rid of Y9 Sats, alternative assessment techniques and also a little bit about SEN.
    Every child matters is also a possibility according to some of my colleagues!
    Hope this is of some help

4. harderfaster

harderfaster New commenter

Academies.

5. Thank you very much appreciated