1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Current Educational Issues in Maths

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by hawaiifive, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Hello to all,

What are some of the current educational issues in maths?

Thank you.

2. DM

DM New commenter

Would you like an avatar hawaii?
    [​IMG]

3. Perhaps someone who has been through the PGCE interview more recently could help the original poster but I don't recall being asked very much on 'current issues' at my interview. Yes, worth to gen up on them just incase you are asked but obviously make sure you have the bases covered on 'why do you want to become a teacher' and have something extremely cast iron on that. Also, any experience you have that's relevant to teaching, make sure you have that up to scratch too.

I remember at the end of my interview the guy said, 'I've never got any idea if people will be able to do the job!' I obviously got a place but felt it was a bit of a strange ending to the interview!

I'd second all of DM's list though and the forums usually give a very wide spread of opinion.

4. Oh, forgot to mention, rightly or wrongly, schools are awash with data and these days many places are quite big on using data to inform planning. You might be as well to look at AfL too.

5. Nice job on the avatar!