1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Current educational issues/curriculum knowledge

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Getzlaf2007, May 5, 2012.

1. Getzlaf2007

Getzlaf2007 New commenter

Hi all, I am writing up a statement for a job application. This area has come up and I am not sure of any current issues I should mention. I know about the new Yr1 phonics screening as I am in Yr1. Can people suggest some other current issues. Thanks

2. Getzlaf2007

Getzlaf2007 New commenter

Hi all, I am writing up a statement for a job application. This area has come up and I am not sure of any current issues I should mention. I know about the new Yr1 phonics screening as I am in Yr1. Can people suggest some other current issues. Thanks

3. I don't want to state the obvious as you may already know this but the fact the whole curriculum is being revised? Also there's a new Ofsted framework implemented as of 2012.

4. I never really give specific examples in this part of the personal statement. I just say that as a reflective practitioner with a special interest in Citizenship edu., I see it as essential CPD to keep abreast of current issues.......