1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

cubase essentials 5 help

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dan Forrester, Mar 16, 2012.

1. F12 should bring your transport bar back?

2. tanbur

tanbur New commenter

Cubase Essential 5, version 5.1.0:
    Look on the main screen and highlight a track you wish to change. To the left of track 1 you will see a black rectangle divided into 3 rows. Hover over the lines for each row and you will see 'volume' at the top and 'MIDI pan controller' in the middle. Make the adjustments for your highlighted track.
    If you prefer to adjust volume and panning for lots of tracks with the mixer, just press F3.
    F2 removes or restates transport.

3. gliss

gliss New commenter

Thank you for all of your help, I will give all of this advice ago tomorrow and know doubt have more Q's. Thank you

4. gliss

gliss New commenter

Hi, I don't seem to have this on my screen - with Sonar I used to be able to put a volume envelope onto a midi track - crescendo and diminuendo - great for composing because it performed like a real performance, you know what I mean. If you use the mixer how can you make certain sections have dynamic contrast?

5. gliss

gliss New commenter

Just had a fabulous 2hrs with a chap who set up our recording studio in under an hr, I am ashamed to say that much of what he said just blew me away and I am in awe. There were many things that I have learnt and one was how to do velocity and paning in cubase -ok simple to u but not to me. I am so ashamed of my lack of knowledge in music tech stuff, willing but very unable. The main thing that I find sooo frustrating is that guys like $$$$$$ just get on with it, they click here and there, all the time I am trying to follow and digest how this is important to me and my teaching...basically I am lost.... I feel useless and frustrated with technology. Wish I could do a sabbatical and really learn about this. I have 1lesson per wk with 2 yr 7 classes to do music tech and 1lesson per wk with yr 9. My yr 7 cover basic midi/audio recording/mixing down , so that they can mix there music into a spooky PowerPoint. Yr 9 learn about film music and have to produce a 90second sound track to a video. Having seen this guy today I feel very inadequate.

6. mrkeys

mrkeys Occasional commenter

You will also learn a huge amount from your students. When you see them with a different effect or view ask how they did it. Does wonders to their self esteem. Ties in with peer assessmnet well.
    Rememer most students at Secondary school will not have experienced a world without Google, email and social media. We need to accept that their understanding of new technology is much greater than ours and they are many times more naturally intuitive.
    As teachers we may be able to help with musical input and possibly pointing them in the right direction within software.
    Do not feel useless or inadequate. From your post your are allowing students access to good creative technology. Well done.