1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CTOPP-2 interpreting results of testing

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by misham, Nov 29, 2019.

1. misham

misham New commenter

Hello,
    I wonder if anybody has experience with interpretation of results of the composite scores, particularly for RAPID SYMBOLIC NAMING. Student I tested had 5 mistakes on both sub-tests (Rapid Digit Naming & Rapid Letter Naming). The booklet suggests that if "....the examinee makes more than 4 errors when naming numbers" no score is awarded.
    I wondered how to use this information on Form 8 as I never encountered this result.
    Thank you for your professional advice
    Misha

2. gvaitty

gvaitty New commenter

I wonder if you found an answer... Have recently had the same experience with a student and wondering how to then assess the student for this part of the CTOPP!

3. Flanks

Flanks Senior commenter

What they are saying is that if you score it, it will not be a reliable score. Their standardisation set could not reliably account for the performance once more than 4 errors were made, so unfortunately you have to record no score. It is a pain for access arrangements and Form 8s, but you need to find another test score.