1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Crying!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sweep09, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Sweep09

Sweep09 New commenter

How normal is it to cry because of pure stress and pressure?! Today I had an awful day and just found everything too much and ending up sobbing (not in front of the kids- it was after they had gone)...does anyone else ever find it all gets just too much and ends up bursting?xxx

2. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Early on in my career I did it every few weeks or so I suppose. Now I'm experienced, I do find I do it much less, more resilient. Perhaps if I'm not feeling well and I have a stressful day. That said, I'm quite sensitive so others may never do it.

3. southernteacher

southernteacher New commenter

Please find someone to talk to; a friend at work or at home. We all feel like crying sometimes but it isn't right and you need some support/help/love/someone to share with. If you can't find it at work - and your headteacher SHOULD KNOW AND HELP then find it at home. Me - well it's Tuesday and I am having a mid-week drink which isn't the answer either! x

4. missied

missied New commenter

Yes, usually when I'm over tired and find I don't have time to do all that I need to do.

However, if you find you're crying more often, or that you're not coping more than you'd like you need to offload in a better way... Speak to colleague, friend etc like OP suggested

5. Brucetta

Brucetta New commenter

Yes quite frequently this year! I agree with all advise so far though. Make sure you talk to someone so they know how you feel. Only hope they are more supportive than our SMT who basically said we cry as well so get over it!

6. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

It's far more common than you'd think. If you need an impartial, understanding ear ring / text teachers support network. It's one of the things they are there for:

UK: 08000 562 561

Wales: 08000 855 088

TXT: 07909 341229

7. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

Crying is a way for your body to release emotion and relieve stress. So it's not unusual to cry if you're feeling stressed and under pressure. But, as others have said, it's not good to be so stressed that you cry on a regular basis.

8. Sweep09

Sweep09 New commenter

Thank you everyone. I don't cry all the time but at the moment, I am just SUPER stressed so am crying more. I am a worrier by nature, but next week, I am worried sick about the EOY assessments cos they are SO hard (new NC year 5). I am worried about my levels. Even though we have no levels. If that makes sense. I have also organised a Cycling Profeciency scheme next week (way before I knew it was assessment week.SM also didn't mention it when I booked it) and now I am worried something will go wrong with it cos it is so tight trying to fit it around the assesssments and if I am truly honest I am scared by the DH. I know its silly to be, but I am. Also I live with my boyfriend and he suffers from depression and anxiety and I just find it so hard. SOrry to pour all this out xx

9. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Hi Sweep, don't worry about pouring out! My OH suffers from the same so I can really understand that sometimes it just gets all too much, with work being stressful as well. Feel free to vent to me any time you want; I know all too well that a partner with depression and anxiety can make you feel very isolated.

Hugs.

10. Sweep09

Sweep09 New commenter

Hi Sillow,

Thank you so much for your post. That is EXACTLY how I feel. And then I feel bad for feeling bad cos I know that I can't feel as bad as he does...if you know what I mean..and I sometime don't know what to say or what to do...and that combined with stress and pressure of teaching can be so overwhelming xxxx

11. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Yep - I know the guilt part well! I tend to go round in circles, so I'm fine for a while, then it all builds up, I have a stress and/or cry (normally involving an argument with him, just to make us both feel worse), then things feel better and I feel better... Then it all happens again.

No-one else ever understands. People make comments to me, perhaps about what's going to happen next in my/our life, and don't understand when I say "I have no idea. I just get through each day one day at a time". So I'm so there with you! xx

12. Sweep09

Sweep09 New commenter

Thank you Sillow for being so open and honest with me...I am the EXACT same with arguing...I will inbox u on the weekend for a proper chat if that is okay?xxx

13. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Yes, please do! It would be lovely to have someone to talk to who knows what it's like. x