1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Crreative iMedia adjusted marks

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by alfm786, Aug 24, 2019.

1. alfm786

alfm786 New commenter

Hello all,

Just got back our R082 graphics unit results and marks have been adjusted with the most vaguest report as to why, has this happened to anyone else over the past year or so? if so, what did your centre do to sort out the issues? we do have an option to resubmit but wanted to make sure were on point before doing so and the report alone does not really give enough direction on what needs to be changed or adjusted. I have been told this has also been the case with other centres, but with the lack of IT qualifications going towards progress 8 there are not too many options suitable for my current school.

Any experience on the above with OCR would be great to hear from other centres.

2. CAAC

CAAC New commenter

We were adjusted on R082 also. I’ve successgilly taught this for 5 years and my standards haven’t lowered! This year has been an utter disgrace. I’m afraid that I’m not much help as we’re looking for suitable alternatives (to no avail) also.

3. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Where in the country are you?

4. TeacherBecomesMaster

TeacherBecomesMaster New commenter

Be very interested to know what other people might teach instead.

It seems to be all exam boards have been told to essentially adjust things so x% pass and y% fail.

We are currently delivering BTEC and our target grades are never going to be reached. I actually have better sucess with Computer Science.

We have to deliver ICT but all specifications are seemingly impossible!