1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

crossing over the threshold from M6 to upper pay scale

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by allblessed, May 31, 2011.

1. I am currently on M6 and want to apply for the upper pay scale. Is there anyone who can tell me what to do?

2. I am currently on M6 and want to apply for the upper pay scale. Is there anyone who can tell me what to do?

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

You let it be known that you wish to be considered for Threshold. You might just need to write a simple letter of request or your school may have asimple application form.
    The decision will be made using your last 2 performance Management reviews. Did your last 2 allow success criteria for all the 10 post threshold standards.
    If you have another PM review due this school year or at the start of the next, you can delay and and apply before the end of October.

4. mrkeys

mrkeys Occasional commenter

Well this does worry me.
    Threshold has been around for at leat 12 years and surely most schools have grasped the need for CPD to ensure that their staff are able to show through PM that they are meeting the standards.
    I do recall when on SLT that some HT's were demanding more from post threshold teachers and trying to write their own version of teachers pay and conditions.Some were even demanding additional portfolios of evidence to progress! (From U1 o U2)
    Please spend a few minutes searching on the web what you should do. It is really very little if you have been supported through PM and you school wants staff to progress.

5. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Use www.tda.gov.uk for all regulations on teaching

6. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

I agree with oyu wholeheartedly mrkeys but there was a time when I was naive enough to believe that the head and management generally had the best interests of staff at heart and that I didn't need to bother too much about pay and conditions. The painful awakening I had over the years took a while to get through and sink in. Perhaps that is what we can see in colleagues' lack of information about and sometimes even interest in their own P+C....?

7. lizgaskell

lizgaskell Occasional commenter

Thanks Spiderkin

I think I will fill in the form and do the same with the standards- already made own notes.
    Cheers
    Liz