1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cross Your Fingers Please

Discussion in 'Personal' started by disguise, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Please everyone cross your fingers.... I have an interview tomorrow and a lot hangs on it. A whole lifestyle change to be honest. I really want this job. Please cross your fingers I am nervous as hell.

2. Crowbob

Crowbob Lead commenter

Best of luck, disguise.

3. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Fingers and toes crossed - good luck!

4. Thanks everyone. I have to give a presentation. I popped into Dad's earlier and tried to practice on him and just talked rubbish despite my notes - presentations are not my strong points! Bricking it!

5. Lots of luck, disguise. I will rub my dad's lucky WW2 'penny' for you (it works - ask Belle).

6. I'd appreciate that :) I know it may seem OTT to say it but this really will be the start of the rest of my life for me.

7. Doesn't sound OTT at all. I know exactly what you mean!

8. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

Oooh good luck!
    Let us know how you get on!

9. Good luck!
    I applied for a job that was meant to be interviewing tomorrow. Haven't heard a sausage.
    You made it this far that's a good sign! Keep the faith.x

10. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Good luck - you did so well to get an interview in this climate. Well done - they must really want you :) Good luck. xx

11. Thanks everyone, keep the positive thoughts coming. I need them! Not for ego but for calming influence and to inspire me!

silverlillies - sorry you didn't get an interview, it's because you are meant to get the next one!

12. LOL! Thanks.x

13. Very best of luck - don't play it safe imo not whats looked for nowadays

14. I won't. I have a great presentation provided I am not too tongue tied to get my words out.

15. Good luck... got everything crossed for you!

16. Good luck. Will be thinking of you.
    If you find yourself getting tongue-tied, don't panic. Just smile and say "oops, got my tongue in a bit of a knot there..." and take a deep breath and carry on.
    They won't mind :eek:)

17. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Imagine the panel are sitting in front of you on toilets with their trousers round their ankles. Your nerves will go. Good luck!

18. Thanks CQ, good advice. I also have written in big letters on my notes - SLOW DOWN ha ha!

Those who know a little more about me will know doing presentations should be a breeze for me but for some reason I crumble every time. Not tomorrow though, no sir!

19. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Good luck. I really hope it goes well for you. Fingers and toes crossed!

20. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

good luck x