1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cross Curricular Working...

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by Kurtz32, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Morning all I've been 'tasked' with coordinating cross-curricular projects/interdisciplinary learning in our mid-sized secondary school... Joy unconfined!
    Unsurprisingly, subject departments are not falling over themselves to opt-in for more new curricular development in the current CfE climate... I wonder if anyone out there wants to share the approaches to this in their schools - good and/or bad?
    <font face="Times New Roman"></font>The other schools I've linked with seem to be opting for 'tacked-on' themed days/weeks for individual yeargroups which seem to be more of the token gesture approach. Given my experiences so far, I can understand why this may be the case... it is easier to organise than grappling with the full horror of 'E and O' curricular coordination.Anyone out there split the cross-curricular atom?

2. Morning all I've been 'tasked' with coordinating cross-curricular projects/interdisciplinary learning in our mid-sized secondary school... Joy unconfined!
    Unsurprisingly, subject departments are not falling over themselves to opt-in for more new curricular development in the current CfE climate... I wonder if anyone out there wants to share the approaches to this in their schools - good and/or bad?
    <font face="Times New Roman"></font>The other schools I've linked with seem to be opting for 'tacked-on' themed days/weeks for individual yeargroups which seem to be more of the token gesture approach. Given my experiences so far, I can understand why this may be the case... it is easier to organise than grappling with the full horror of 'E and O' curricular coordination.Anyone out there split the cross-curricular atom?